Table of Contents
These are software packages that are highly flexible and can be used for a wide variety of physical problems in astrophysics.
- Keywords:3D, amr, cosmo, gravity, grid, hydro, mhd, parallel, particle, selfgravity
- Supported file formats: AMIGA, GADGET, GADGET2, ASCII, Tipsy, ART
- Cosmological magneto-hydrodynamics code. Gravity solved on AMR hierarchy, MHD part on regular grid. OpenMP parallelized. Includes lots of useful analysis software, including the embedded halo finder AHF.
- Keywords:3D, amr, cosmo, gravity, grid, hydro, parallel, selfgravity, starform
- Full cosmological N-body hyrodynamics code. NOT available for public download.
- No website.
- Keywords:1D, 2D, 3D, amr, cosmo, gravity, grid, hydro, parallel, particles, selfgravity, starform
- Full cosmological N-body hyrodynamics code.
- Keywords:1D, 2D, 3D, amr, cosmo, gravity, grid, gridgeom, gridpolar, hydro, mhd, parallel, particles, selfgravity, starform, thermonuclear
- Hydrodynamics adaptive mesh refinement code. Very expandable; new functionality is continuously appearing. Includes physics for thermonuclear reactions.
- Full cosmological N-body and hydrodynamics code.
- Optimised Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics (OSPH) patch for the GADGET-2 code. This should allow GADGET-2 to resolve (given enough resolution) multiphase flow and boundary instabilities | Download
- Modified version of GADGET-2 which uses the Lagrangian “Pressure-Entropy” formulation of the SPH equations. This removes the spurious “surface tension” force substantially improves the treatment of fluid mixing and contact discontinuities.